Yousu 3D-Printers & Filament Ltd. Is a newly established company with strong association with Guangzhou Yousu Plastic Technology Co Ltd. Long established in China
We Import 3D-Filament from China and sell in UK as stocked product. In our Stock range we have the following materials in both 1.75mm and 2.85mm diameter.
2-ABS Modified Flexibility
4-PLA Modified Flexibility
Our filament extrusion system uses dual axis micrometer measurement systems to check the diameter and roundness during production. This helps us guarantee that each spool of 3D Fuel filament is produced with a precision tolerance. We can guarantee ±0.05mm on our 1.75mm filament and ±0.08mm on our 2.85mm 3D Fuel filament, which means you can rest assure that your printer is extruding the exact amount of material without causing jams, clogs and headaches.
To produce premium filaments, every production step is of equal importance. In addition to precision equipments, technology know-how and high-standard production workshop, a strict quality control system is required to ensure all finished products had reached its performance standards. The importantproperties related to filament performance are melt flow index, material dryness, impact strength, and diameter precision. Our lab equipped with melt flow index instrument, dryness tester, impact strength tester, laser diameter tester and hardness tester to check all these properties.
2. Filaments are straight without bending or distortion; moving through Teflon tube with minimum resistance.
3. Great appearance to match with your 3D printer.
How to orderly coil filament on a spool has always been a problem for the industry. Chaos filament on a spool not only has poor appearance, but also is the major cause of filament distortion, deformation, and entanglement. These problems will cause uneven filament feeding, low in printing quality and even breakage of filament during printing. We recognized the seriousness of this problem and therefore invested a lot of resources into the development of spool coiling technology. Finally, we achieved a major breakthrough and are now ready to bring the benefits of this technology to the 3D printing industry.
The diameters of commonly used 3D printing filament are 2.85mm and 1.75mm and the standard tolerance accuracy requirement is ±0.05mm. Premium filament has the accuracy of ±0.03mm. Lower diameter tolerance means the amount of material extruded through print nozzle is more consistent during the printing process. This consistency directly influences the accuracy and surface smoothness of the printed object.
With our enhanced filament extrusion technology, now we are able to produce 100% of a roll of filament to be within ±0.03mm tolerance range and more than 99.5% of them within ±0.02mm range.
Material Quality Assurance:
A bump is a spot on the filament with the length of 2~5mm and the diameter may exceed 2.0mm. It is one of the reasons that cause the filament blocking in the feeding tube. The causes of the bumps can be either from the gel content in the raw material or mistakes during the filament extrusion process. Gel problems in the raw material are rather complicated that filament manufacturer cannot do anything about it. Therefore, a good source of premium raw materials is very important.
For extrusion mistakes, there are couple of reasons that cause bumps during extrusion.
1. Contamination with different materials. For example, during shifting materials from ABS to PLA, the technician omits the process to clean the screw completely. There are dead spots in the extruder, if the compatibility of these two materials is not so good, the bumps on the filament can be formed. Our standard operation procedure(SOP) is to pull the screw out of the extruder for a complete cleanup and inspection before shifting to other materials.
2. Contamination of other impurities during the pigment mixing or extrusion process. We prevent this possibility by purifying air in the workshop and applying stainless steel filter screen before extrusion head.
3. Improper setup of extrusion temperatures or poor thermal stability that cause cross linking or overheating of materials and additives. Correct temperature setup and routine facility maintenance are required to prevent these problems.
With the application of premium raw materials and SOPs, we have minimized the possibilities of bumps. However, we found that these precaution steps are not enough and bumps can happen occasionally due to gel issues of raw materials. Therefore, we applied a complete check-up with sophisticate laser diameter instrument during filament coiling to reach the 100% bump-free standard.
Bubbles are majorly caused by humidity inside the raw materials. The procedures of thorough pre-drying of materials and testing dryness by instrument should be implemented.